Saturday, October 10, 2009

Library Loot (Week of Oct.10th)

My very first Library Loot! :)

I wasn't expecting to go the the library again this week, but I had a little impromptu visit. Which of course is okay with me, because I found a few good things.


First up...



Recipes for a Perfect Marriage by Morag Prunty

I completely stumbled across this.



Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

A classic I've never read.



And for some nonfiction...

Not Becoming My Mother And Other Things She Taught Me Along the Way by Ruth Reichl

What girl wouldn't like this? We are all trying to not become our mother, but of course inadvertently or not end up just like her. Not necessarily a bad thing.



And finally...

Abigail & John: Portrait of a Marriage by Edith B. Gelles

I saw this in a bookstore, but this was the first time I've seen it in my library.



There it is. My first Library Loot. Small, but promising.

Library Loot is a weekly event hosted by Eva from A Striped Armchair and Marg from Reading Adventures encouraging bloggers to share their library finds.

4 comments:

  1. First of all Kayleigh...Welcome to book blogging, and second...welcome to Library Loot!

    I started my book blog for exactly the same reason as you mentioned in your first post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere! You have a great mix of books here...have seen wonderful reviews of Not Becoming My Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Marg! I'm really excited! Library Loot is so fun!

    Thanks, JoAnn! I can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Library Loot-thanks for joining! I keep meaning to read Treasure Island. :)

    ReplyDelete